Company: Bon Appetit
Reports to: Manager
Pay rate: Hourly rate with tips is between $22.00-$56.00
Voted 2021 Best Waterfront Restaurant in the Tampa Bay area, Bon Appetit offers a fine dining experience with stunning views of the Saint Joseph Sound. The menu is an eclectic blend of classical European and American cuisines using simple, fresh ingredients.
We are looking for professional Servers for Bon Appetit who are passionate about creating authentic, custom experiences with a high level of attention and service excellence to our guests. Our best servers have a sense of entrepreneurship to maximize their potential income at Dunedin’s finest waterfront restaurant with indoor and outdoor dining!
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Greet guests with eye contact and a smile.
- Know our menu and how food is prepared to make appropriate recommendations.
- Entice guests to order appetizers, featured items and weekly specials.
- Check timing of food orders and communicate any errors or delays to appropriate staff.
- Deliver food promptly and correctly by guest choice.
- Consistently monitor assigned guest tables for food quality and guest needs.
- Practice “Acknowledge, Apologize, Act” relating to any guest complaints.
- Offer desserts and after dinner beverages.
- Prepare accurate checks and offer payment options.
- Thank guests for visiting and invite them to return.
- Keep station and work areas organized, clean and assist in team duties (side stand, etc.)
- Perform any other task as assigned for the successful operation of the restaurant.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year of server experience in a high volume fine dining restaurant.
- Positive attitude with interpersonal skills to interact and enhance the guest experience.
- Must be able to stand and work in a fast-paced environment for periods of over eight (8) hours in length.
- Strong verbal and attentive listening skills.
- Flexible and dependable to work full-time, weekends and holidays, indoors and outdoors.
- Experience with POSitouch handheld system is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, see, talk and hear. Must be able to stand and move about dining area for periods of eight (8)hours. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes employee-only health insurance, (50% paid by employer), dental insurance (employee paid), one week of vacation after one year of service, sick leave and meal discounts, to name a few.